Friday, May 04, 2007

FRIED CLAMS!!

Yee haw... decadence.

Ate supper with Scottie and Caprio at Kelly's Roast Beef. Caprio was an unexpected surprise, it was good to see him. We talked loosely about getting together and going to play mini golf at the T-rex place on Rt. 1... the place that is supposed to have nice soft serve. Kate, you're invited... whenever we get around to doing it.

My old friend Jason Duplissis arrived tonight to begin an apartment search as he is moving back to Beantown. He is staying at my place while he searches. Jason followed suit and picked up a clam plate at "Liberty Bell" in Melrose when he arrived later.

Anyway... tomorrow should hopefully speed on by. It will be sort of a half day for me because I have a meeting at Jillian's after lunch. Pool and drinks on the company... should be good.

I missed the Republican debate tonight unfortunately. The article from CNN probably summarizes things quite well however.

Giuliani bucks GOP field on Roe v. Wade

Story Highlights (From CNN)
• Former New York mayor says it would be OK if court let abortion ruling stand
• McCain alone in backing funding for embryonic stem-cell research
• Three candidates say they don't believe in evolution (Hmmmm.....)
• Romney says he changed his mind on abortion, but Reagan did too

By the way, I stand corrected... and I'm not certain that this is clear to the American people as he is so often painted as a moderate: Abortion is not one of the issues McCain has flip flopped on "Alone among the top three contenders, Arizona Sen. John McCain has a career-long record of opposition to abortion."

If he is able to project this it could help him win the Republican nomination, however, I feel he will struggle the most against Hillary out of the top contenders. Giuliani is my favorite and the most accomplished (when it comes to governing) and the most qualified.

Jason directed my attention to a great George Carlin stand up routine, after I was complaining about redundancies in the ten commandments... there is a bit of swearing but if you can check it out.. It is both funny... and yet wise too.

No comments: