Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day in Maine

I went home for my Mother's birthday today. I joined my parents and Aunt Gigi for some sirloin steaks cooked out on the gas grill, with some salad and baked potatoes. A very pleasant, and tasty meal. The weather was beautiful up in Sabattus and I spent a good deal of time sitting in the rocker on my parent's deck.

This evening I caught most of the Red Sox game with the Cleveland Indians. It was a bit sad to see Trot Nixon playing for the other team, but the warm reception that the Chowder-heads gave him was nothing short of amazing. You could tell it meant a lot to him as he tipped his hat to Fenway. Nixon apparently was hoping to stay in Boston unfortunately it wasn't what the cards had in store for him.

I think maybe in the next couple of days, just perhaps I may throw this dastardly cold off of my back. The coughing is becoming more infrequent. I think I'm going to credit the Pabst as the primary "healing-agent".

No comments: