Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A new post.

Well, Wednesday has come and gone.

I hope you're all happy. I know I sure am. By getting the wicked ways of Wednesday behind us, we are just that much closer to the weekend. Ah yes, the weekend, a time of sitting around on my a$$ and contemplating... well contemplating nothing really. After all, on the weekend I really don't like to burden my self with thinking. It just clutters up the gray matter, do you know what I'm saying?

Nothing is more of a downer than using your noggin when you can better use your time picking your nose, eating cheese doodles and collecting mass.

I ordered a new futon which should arrive on Saturday. I took Jason's apart, and now I have virtually no room to put it. My apartment will be cluttered until the end of the month, when Jason arrives to claim his furniture.

It seems they are cancelling Jericho... they finally come up with a TV show I like, and of course they cancel it. I can't believe only after one season too! There are a lot of angry fans venting on the CBS site. People are talking about petitioning it's return, but I can't help but think it will be dead in the water. Aside from Family guy and Futurama, where else has that been successful? The only reason they likely pulled those off, was that it is much easier to recreate an animated show, where the original cast isn't necessarily required. Some of the cast are well known television actors and actresses, and my guess is they won't have to wait around long before they are scooped up for a new gig.

Jericho's fate reminds me of the plight of Arrested Development. At least Arrested Development lasted three seasons, although, I think they sort of "jumped the shark" after the second season. Basically it was all downhill after Buster had his hand bitten off by a sea lion. I think they knew they were doomed at that point and so it got absurd, even by the show's own terms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally disagree with your assessment of Arrested jumping the shark after Season 2. Sure, Buster's hand being chomped off by a wayward seal was absurd, but even by the show's own standard, not deserving of a "jump the shark" vote. There are many spectacular episodes in Season 3. Perhaps you should watch them again...