Monday, May 28, 2007

Sheehan: She Finally Figures it Out.

I had to add this post when I saw the article because, I found it to be honest and courageous on her part.

Anti-war mom Cindy Sheehan gives up her protest

I have complained about Cindy Sheehan quite a bit in the past. I'm not going to necessarily retract anything I said, because what's done is done. I feel Sheehan was very much over run with emotions, and saw this tragedy as a calling to add purpose to her life. Unfortunately, I think she ignored a lot of important things (her family, her son's honor, and ultimately her own well being) because she got caught up in the excitement and the fame. I see her words essentially as an admission of this.

The most poignant portion of her letter which details her resignation from the anti-war front, was the following passage:

"I have tried ever since he died to make his sacrifice meaningful," she wrote. "Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives.

Cindy Sheehan has finally realized that she was used.

I feel very bad for this woman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do, too.

-John