Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm down with Friday....

My cold is slowly getting better...

Went to the S&S deli with Kate tonight. I had fish & chips, and they were surprisingly good. I wasn't knowing quite what to expect... I held off on ordering clams or any other bottom feeders. (The temptation was strong however....)

Thought I'd post this latest McCartney effort. I'd be surprised if his new album "Memory Almost Full" will live up to "Chaos & Creation in The Backyard", which was a breath of fresh air from McCartney, many thanks to Nigel Godrich. The new effort goes back to David Kahne who worked on Driving Rain, but supposedly has worked with the Strokes and Sublime on critically acclaimed efforts. We'll see.....

The new single "Dance Tonight" is a happy little ditty, simplistic lyrics and catchy. It is a mandolin number which makes it stand out a little more. You tube allows for comments when you search for the videos, and one comment said: "Dance Tonight is a nice song that would do well in the context of an album, however I'm not certain if it is single material." I would tend to agree with this. Something about the video, reminds me about Harrison's "Got my mind set on you" from the late 80s, although it is definitely much more low key than that song.

Anyway McCartney's connections will at least get him some attention. Natalie Portman makes an appearance in the video as this strange sort of spirit that dances around mischievously as McCartney plays his mandolin.

Paul McCartney's designer daughter helped him snag Natalie Portman to star in new music video


No comments: