Thursday, May 03, 2007

Walking through the wonders of Cambridge & Somerville

So Kate & I went to the S&S deli in Inman Square. We've been there a handful of times now and it always is enjoyable. One of these times I will get a dessert because they look phenomenal. I had Chicken Skewers which were pieces of chicken breast, pepper, onion, tomato and mushrooms on a skewer, and cooked in a teriyaki based glaze. I had fries and a generous house salad which came with it. Kate ordered a Western Omelet that came with a bagel, fresh fruit, and hash browns. The S&S serves breakfast all day. After eating we walked through Inman towards Harvard Square, but instead of going straight down Cambridge St. we hung a gradual right which brought us to Porter Square eventually. It was a nice walk, the weather was great. Since I didn't make it to the gym it was a great way to burn off the extra calories from my generous dinner portions. From Porter we went on to Davis Square, and then finally headed home after a brief conversation with a disabled man, who told me that my full and proper name was Georgie. He explained that people called him Mike but his full name is Michael, and my "real name" Georgie is just like Michael. I felt amused and sad all at the same time.

Tomorrow should be another fun day of getting caught up in documentation at the job, and perhaps running some size exclusion chromatography. Someone came to do some routine maintenance on our most frequently used HPLC (which was working fine) and now it won't work. Yah! YAH! I suppose it's nice to have a legitimate excuse to concentrate solely on my reports, however it is troublesome knowing that it will just mean more work for me later.

Well.... Going to the "new" Kelly's at Station Landing (Wellington Station - the old Krispy Kreme building) for supper with Scottie Thursday. Should be Yum-O as Mrs. Rachael Ray might say.

I have some dishes to do... So I should cut this off.

May your Thursday be Merry and Bright....

No comments: